The City of Columbia Public Works Department is hosting a ‘Name A Snowplow’ contest!
The public is invited to submit the best and most creative names for 4 of the City’s snowplows. Submit your entry via email at [email protected]
The winning names will be assigned to the snowplows at the City of Columbia Public Works facility. Winners will receive a $25 gift card, an opportunity to have your photo made with your winning snowplow and be recognized at the Columbia City Council meeting to be held on Thursday, March 9, 2023 at 5:30 p.m.
• One entry per person
• Entries are limited to no more than 30 characters (including letters and spaces), and one to two words.
• Entries will be accepted in order received and duplicated names/entries will be excluded
• Members and staff of the City of Columbia are not eligible to enter
• No profanity or inappropriate language
• No politically inspired names
• Voting period is 02/01/2023 – 02/09/2023 at 3:30 p.m.
• Public Works employees will vote on submissions names
• Winning names will be announced Friday, February 17th
• Winners will be notified by phone or email from entry form
• Each of winner will receive a $25 gift card
• Winners will be recognized at the March 09, 2023 City Council meeting
• Elementary school winners will have an opportunity to have their winning snowplow appear at their school
• Winners will be published on Facebook, Instagram and the City of Columbia website