Fall is officially here, and it’s time to break out the sweaters and hot chocolate and cozy up in your home. With the weather cooling down, you’ll be spending less time outside, so you want to make the indoors a comfortable and homey space. Check out some design tips from McCall’s Carpet One to get your home ready for fall!
Basement Inspiration and Ideas
An unused basement is wasted space swirling with possibilities. If you’re using it for storage, now is the time to go through everything, throw out what you aren’t using, and rebuild the space into your new favorite hangout spot! There are so many different ways to use a basement space, depending on your needs. Depending on the size of the space, you don’t have to choose just one!
- Enchanted Playroom
- Game On, Basement Style
- At-Home Bar
- Home Theater
- Wine Cellar Retreat
- Your Productive Escape
- A Space for Wellness
- Welcoming In-Laws and Guests
Hygge Inspired Spaces: Cozy For All Seasons
Hygge is a Danish word that roughly translates to “cozy contentment”. Hygge is typically thought to be more associated with winter, and that may be when you want your home to be at its coziest, but hygge is a concept that you can benefit from year-round in one room or throughout the whole house. It is the perfect way to encourage healthy living in your home, as it encourages contentment and well-being.
- What is Hygge?
- Creating a Warm Atmosphere with Conversational Seating
- Clean Cooking and Comfort Food
- Living in the Present Moment with Cozy Nooks
- Incorporating Self-Care Spaces
- Using Layered Pieces
- A Bedroom Built for Rest and Relaxation
Behind The Design: Q&A With Amanda Shields
Minimalism is one of the top design trends today. The lack of clutter and clear surfaces provide a warm, tranquil environment that helps you feel calm in your home. The light, neutral colors and simplicity in this minimalist home created by designer Amanda Shields offer a zen and balanced home that has a timeless appeal. Check out some of the questions that were asked below and see the full interview on their blog.
- Could you share with us the inspiration behind this modern, minimalist home?
- Minimalism is a significant aspect of this design. How did you approach incorporating minimalist elements in the home without sacrificing functionality and practicality in any of the rooms?
- The flooring choices play a crucial role in tying the design together. Could you tell us a bit about the flooring materials you selected for each space and how they enhance the overall aesthetic?
- Lighting is essential in any interior design project– how did you utilize lighting techniques to enhance the bright and refreshing feel of the minimalist house?
- We love the hidden office nook. How do you approach designing a multipurpose workspace?
- In a home with a minimalist approach, storage solutions become essential. Could you share some innovative storage ideas you incorporated into the project for these areas?
- Creating a timeless design is often a goal for many interior designers. How do you anticipate this home will stand the test of time and remain relevant in the years to come?
- Natural light seems abundant in this project. How did you maximize natural light throughout the home, and how does it contribute to the overall ambiance?
- Minimalist design often involves a careful selection of statement pieces. Could you highlight some key statement pieces in the home that add character to the spaces?
- Lastly, what advice would you give to those looking to add minimalistic design elements to their own home?
McCall’s Carpet One
Are you ready to get inspired with interior design tips, photos, and advice? Check out McCall’s Carpet One’s Beautiful Design Made Simple™ blog or check out their flooring guide to find out more about each type of flooring available.