The City of Columbia is hiring for an Assistant Finance Director.
The Assistant Finance Director position is responsible for coordinating the day-to-day activities of the Finance Department.
This position is under the general supervision of the Finance Director and general responsibilities include planning, organizing, and managing the City’s finances including investments, cash management, disbursements, budget management, internal controls, general accounting, financial accounting and reporting, or other financial activities and, in the absence of the Director, serves as Interim Director.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Public Administration, or a similar field.
- Three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in accounting and/or
- Any of the following designations preferred: Certified Municipal Finance Officer (CMFO); or Certified Government Finance Manager (CGFM); or Certified Public Finance Officer (CPFO); or a Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
- Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the work of subordinate positions to be able to answer questions and resolve problems, usually associated with one to three years of experience or service.
- Ability to be bonded.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
The City of Columbia offers a highly competitive salary which is dependent on the
candidate’s experience and qualifications. The salary range for the position is
$86,374 to $122,724.
Learn more about the job here.